I began getting this error a few days ago, and I don't know why.
Here's what I know:
- the problem is coming from code that accesses the internet (please note again, that this was working fine until a few days ago)
- I have a Windows Forms project in my Visual Studio solution that uses the exact same code (via another project that is used by both the Windows Forms project and the Android project. This project works fine, it accesses the Internet.
- The code calls a REST service. The URL for the service is http://andrewwerber.net/folderfilenames/GetRodneyPictureDirectoriesWithMetaData?folder=x. The service is working.
- My Android project was working fine a few days ago. When it was working, I did not have INTERNET checked in the manifest. I tried checking that, and it does not help.
- The app works fine when I build it and deploy to my phone.
- I've done some Google searching on this problem, and have not found a solution.
Any help would be appreciated.