NameResolutionFailure error fom Android project

awerberawerber Member ✭✭

I began getting this error a few days ago, and I don't know why.

Here's what I know:

  1. the problem is coming from code that accesses the internet (please note again, that this was working fine until a few days ago)
  2. I have a Windows Forms project in my Visual Studio solution that uses the exact same code (via another project that is used by both the Windows Forms project and the Android project. This project works fine, it accesses the Internet.
  3. The code calls a REST service. The URL for the service is http://andrewwerber.net/folderfilenames/GetRodneyPictureDirectoriesWithMetaData?folder=x. The service is working.
  4. My Android project was working fine a few days ago. When it was working, I did not have INTERNET checked in the manifest. I tried checking that, and it does not help.
  5. The app works fine when I build it and deploy to my phone.
  6. I've done some Google searching on this problem, and have not found a solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer

  • awerberawerber ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

    This problem had nothing to do with connecting to the Internet, despite all signs indicating that that was the problem. A coworker looked at my code and did not find a problem. After trying out a few things, he found that my emulator was not working correctly. I recently changed laptops, and I was using the emulator from the old laptop on the new one. When he set up a new emulator, the problem was gone.

Answers

  • awerberawerber Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

    This problem had nothing to do with connecting to the Internet, despite all signs indicating that that was the problem. A coworker looked at my code and did not find a problem. After trying out a few things, he found that my emulator was not working correctly. I recently changed laptops, and I was using the emulator from the old laptop on the new one. When he set up a new emulator, the problem was gone.

Sign In or Register to comment.