How do I activate IOS projects / functionality in Xamarin Studio 5?

For the life of me I can't figure this one out. I've re-installed multiple times (blowing away my ProgramData and AppData Xamarin folders during the last go around), but no luck. Any guidance is appreciated!

Vin

• mhutchmhutch USXamarin Team Xamurai

Xamarin Studio on Windows does not support iOS development. You can use Visual Studio on Windows, or Xamarin Studio on Mac.

• TommyStephansenTommyStephansen NOMember

We were a bit set back by this. Why does it work on Visual Studio but not your own IDE?

• mhutchmhutch USXamarin Team Xamurai

iOS development requires a Mac. For users who prefer to use VS, we implemented support for VS to build iOS apps via a paired Mac machine. User who prefer to use XS can simply use XS on the Mac.

I definitely agree it would be nice to have the same remote-build feature in XS on Windows, but it's it's not something for which we get many requests, and would be a lot of work which would mean we wouldn't be implement other features. If it's important to you, please vote for it on UserVoice.

• VisianDesignVisianDesign NOMember

I added a new suggestion on UserVoice

Another suggestion, in the case that expanding the feature set of XS on Windows is costly and time consuming, is to provide cheaper specific Visual Studio extension licenses so that we can use buy a iOS indie license that only works in Visual Studio and as a build host.