Why text box rendering process become slow and delay?

I have xamarin android mobile app in my hand. I have no idea why the latest update causing my app slow response in text box. I have a text box which value will be set before the text box showing up. However, the text box did show but with half of the text from top at first, after 3 seconds the complete one only show up. This should not happen in any mobile app as it affects user experience. Any idea guys? Where should I start the investigation in this kind of situation? Thanks.

Answers

• JarvanJarvan Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

why the latest update causing my app slow response in text box.

What did you update that caused the problem? Nuget package or Android system? Have you tested the code on other devices? Please post more details, which will help to reproduce the issue and seek a solution.

• ASolute_devASolute_dev Member ✭✭

Hi Jarvan, thanks for your reply. The update that I mentioned is just the code but not Nuget nor Android. I have tested on other device, same result, I can said that it is not the problem from different mobile. Will it be caused by some await function took longer time in the background process?

• JarvanJarvan Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited November 2019

Could you post the related code for test or share a basic demo?

Issue about await, you can refer to:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14455293/how-and-when-to-use-async-and-await