Forum Xamarin.Forms

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Picker when placed inside Listview is not working properly.

Xamarin.Forms: I have used a ListView and created a DataTemplate as custom ViewCell with Grid inside the same.
In my Grid I have created 3 Columns with picker inside first column and Entry as second and third column.
Whenever I click upon entry cell or TextChanged event is triggered, Picker in other column is also focused and picker item selection pop up is displayed.

Best Answer

Answers

• ledragonledragon Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Try the CollectionView. I've suffered difficulties with input controls in ListView on Android.

https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/issues/1600

Eventually I reverted to adding the controls via code rather than binding items to ListView...I'm happy enough with the performance and have added over 100 items this way but I believe CollectionView works much better than ListView.

• LeonLuLeonLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@HarjotGrover Are there any update for this issue, If the reply is helpful, please mark it as anwer, it will help others who have similar issue.

• HarjotGroverHarjotGrover USMember ✭✭
    edited November 2019

@LeonLu Thanks for your support. Updating Xamarin.Forms to latest 4.3 version resolved my Picker inside Listview issue.

• HarjotGroverHarjotGrover USMember ✭✭

@LeonLu Updating my solution from Xamarin.Forms version 3.3 to latest 4.3 version resolved my Picker inside Listview issue. But it has other vulnerabilities in m solution. Is there any other way to resolve picker issue apart from updating Xamarin forms?