XS5, problems building, requires XS restart

Almost every 2nd build results in an error that follows these lines:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(3440,5): warning MSB3026: Could not copy "obj\x86\Debug\Stack.pdb" to "bin\Debug\Stack.pdb". Beginning retry 1 in 1000ms. The process cannot access the file 'bin\Debug\Stack.pdb' because it is being used by another process.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(3440,5): warning MSB3026: Could not copy "obj\x86\Debug\Stack.pdb" to "bin\Debug\Stack.pdb". Beginning retry 2 in 1000ms. The process cannot access the file 'bin\Debug\Stack.pdb' because it is being used by another process.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(3440,5): warning MSB3026: Could not copy "obj\x86\Debug\Stack.pdb" to "bin\Debug\Stack.pdb". Beginning retry 3 in 1000ms. The process cannot access the file 'bin\Debug\Stack.pdb' because it is being used by another process.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(3440,5): warning MSB3026: Could not copy "obj\x86\Debug\Stack.pdb" to "bin\Debug\Stack.pdb". Beginning retry 4 in 1000ms. The process cannot access the file 'bin\Debug\Stack.pdb' because it is being used by another process.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(3440,5): warning MSB3026: Could not copy "obj\x86\Debug\Stack.pdb" to "bin\Debug\Stack.pdb". Beginning retry 5 in 1000ms. The process cannot access the file 'bin\Debug\Stack.pdb' because it is being used by another process.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(3440,5): warning MSB3026: Could not copy "obj\x86\Debug\Stack.pdb" to "bin\Debug\Stack.pdb". Beginning retry 6 in 1000ms. The process cannot access the file 'bin\Debug\Stack.pdb' because it is being used by another process.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(3440,5): warning MSB3026: Could not copy "obj\x86\Debug\Stack.pdb" to "bin\Debug\Stack.pdb". Beginning retry 7 in 1000ms. The process cannot access the file 'bin\Debug\Stack.pdb' because it is being used by another process.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(3440,5): warning MSB3026: Could not copy "obj\x86\Debug\Stack.pdb" to "bin\Debug\Stack.pdb". Beginning retry 8 in 1000ms. The process cannot access the file 'bin\Debug\Stack.pdb' because it is being used by another process.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(3440,5): warning MSB3026: Could not copy "obj\x86\Debug\Stack.pdb" to "bin\Debug\Stack.pdb". Beginning retry 9 in 1000ms. The process cannot access the file 'bin\Debug\Stack.pdb' because it is being used by another process.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(3440,5): warning MSB3026: Could not copy "obj\x86\Debug\Stack.pdb" to "bin\Debug\Stack.pdb". Beginning retry 10 in 1000ms. The process cannot access the file 'bin\Debug\Stack.pdb' because it is being used by another process.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(3440,5): error MSB3027: Could not copy "obj\x86\Debug\Stack.pdb" to "bin\Debug\Stack.pdb". Exceeded retry count of 10. Failed.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(3440,5): error MSB3021: Unable to copy file "obj\x86\Debug\Stack.pdb" to "bin\Debug\Stack.pdb". The process cannot access the file 'bin\Debug\Stack.pdb' because it is being used by another process.

Happens with all Solutions, started to happen today.

I upgraded yesterday - XS automatically told that there is an upgrade. After the upgrade, I worked for almost a full day with no problems at all.

This morning, I restarted the work and after first build, the second one failed. Tried again - fail. Tried once more - fail. Thought, maybe Windows has chewed up on some resources - waited for a while, tried build - fail. Restarted Xamarin - first build succeeds. Second one too. Third - fail. The fails seem to be random, but they happen after about 2-5 builds.

Restarted explorer.exe to no avail. Restarted the PC to no avail.

The "fail" is always identical to the log added above.

This is really disrupting, am I the only one experiencing the issue? (Cannot seem to find any posts about it)

• joltjolt LVMember

Okay, I just deleted obj and bin directories, thinking that there might be problems arising because the project was built before XS5 on XS4.

Restarted Xamarin, built - first one success. Second - not really.

Okay, switched to a solution that has no references - built smoothly, subsequent builds too.

References for the project that fails are not .DLL, but different projects within the same Solution.

• DavidKarlaDavidKarla SIMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

You are probably facing this bug: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=19708
    This will be fixed with 5.1 release.

• joltjolt LVMember
    edited May 2014

Seems to be related, except the fact that I have no breakpoints. Might be that some of the inexperienced threading within the software is causing the issue for me.

But damn, it's so annoying. Any approximates for 5.1? It's really counter productive to restart XS every 5-10 minutes.