Can't login to this forum using Google Chrome

RezaMohamedRezaMohamed USMember ✭✭

I can't seem to be able to login/register/forgot password to these forums (forums.xamarin.com) using Google Chrome browser. I get the 'thinking' icon, but nothing more. Am I the only one with this issue? I had to use Safari to login to post this question.

• JamesMontemagnoJamesMontemagno USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

Can you try incognito mode for me? Could be a cache issue. Using chrome here.

• RezaMohamedRezaMohamed USMember ✭✭

no it's not been working for me for several months now, maybe even a year honestly... I thought the xamarin forums were sunset and moved somewhere else.

I tried to log in using safari yesterday and it worked, that's how I actually posted this question. Chrome from my Mac gives me the same 'error' or 'thinking' message.

Confirm that it works with Safari on Mac and Edge on Windows PC. Only Google Chrome does not.

• JamesMontemagnoJamesMontemagno USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

Hmmmm I just did a reset password here good. If anyone else wants to chime in if they are seeing this on their end.

Perhaps it is some extension that is blocking it or a VPN inside of Chrome? If you go into debugging tools and network do you see any errors there?

Are these normal on your browser?

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

@JamesMontemagno said:
    Hmmmm I just did a reset password here good. If anyone else wants to chime in if they are seeing this on their end.

Perhaps it is some extension that is blocking it or a VPN inside of Chrome? If you go into debugging tools and network do you see any errors there?

I've had the same issue before, or at least the same symptom. For me, it was a caching problem. Flushing everything I could think of in Chrome didn't sort it. Re-booting the machine did.

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod

Weird, never seen this issue and use Chrome (64bit variety) as my default browser across multiple machines

• AsurAsur USMember ✭✭✭
    edited November 4

Have the same issue as well. Works fine on Internet Explorer. Having been facing this problem for over a month now

@Asur said:
    Have the same issue as well. Works fine on Internet Explorer. Having been facing this problem for over a month now

Have you tried the flush & reboot? Flushing alone didn't do it for me.

• AsurAsur USMember ✭✭✭

@JohnHardman if you mean DNS flushing and system reboot then yes have tried that too

@Asur said:
    @JohnHardman if you mean DNS flushing and system reboot then yes have tried that too

I meant Chrome's "Clear browsing data" options, followed by a system reboot

• AsurAsur USMember ✭✭✭

@JohnHardman yupp tried that too

FYI...this is still an issue for me, I have done every possible browser clearing etc but Google will not work. This forum works fine on Edge, which is essentially the only reason for me to use Edge :smile:

@RezaMohamed do you have any adblockers or extensions installed on chrome?

• DamianSuessDamianSuess USMember ✭✭

Turned out my inability to log-in / reset was caused by uBlock Origin. After temporally turning it off, I was able to get in and reproduce it every time.

Yep, ditto! I have uBlock too, and as soon as I turned it off I am able to login. Found the culprit.

I have contacted the support team to look into uBlock extension :)