Forum Xamarin.Forms

My request to datafeed returns null, when calling from my own android device

I have made an app which makes a request to a xmlfeed. When I try to send a request through the app from my own android device returns a blank result string. But when i try from the android emulator or UWP on my laptop, it returns the xmlstring. Im using Httpclient.

I have tried to call the request in the browser on the device, and it also returns the string with the correct values. When i debug it breaks at the deserializing, because the result string is "".

public async Task<XmlData> GetAllDataForToday(DateTime dt)
 {
    HttpClient client = GetClient();
    string result = await client.GetStringAsync(Url + "getData.aspx? + "fromDate=" + dt + "&toDate=" + dt);
    XmlSerializer Deserializer = new XmlSerializer(typeof(XmlData), new XmlRootAttribute("XmlData"));
    var reader = new StringReader(result);
    XmlData DataCollection = (XmlData)Deserializer.Deserialize(reader);
    return DataCollection;
}

What could be the issue?

Answers

• JarvanJarvan Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

What is result when debugging code? Check the return value of the request.

HttpClient client = GetClient();
    string result = await client.GetStringAsync(Url + "getData.aspx? + "fromDate=" + dt + "&toDate=" + dt);

• larzrazlarzraz Member ✭✭

@jarvan
    The return value is: ""

I have send other requests to the same feed, which works on my device aswell. Only this one seems to be an issue.

edited November 2019

Is the url right? Check this part: "getData.aspx? + "fromDate=".

It should be like:

string Uri = "https://orgdev.azure-api.net/APIDev/Attendance?id=" + personID + "&timeofattendance=" + strAttn + "";

Thats correct. it works if i call it in the browser on my phone or postman. Then it returns the xml-string

Have you tested on other phone devices? What's the result?

edited November 2019

The same result. It returned "". But somehow it just started working, and i havent have the issue for days, without me changing anything