Background Job like functionality for xamarin cross platform app

Hi,

I am looking for a functionality for shared solution , which will run in background and when the database value changes a notification message is sent for all android , ios and UWP .
I am using CrossLocalNotifications.Current.Show for notification.

But i need it automated like SQL Job.

Can some one help me with a plugin or already existing functionality for the same.

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

I think what you need is remote notification:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service-mobile/app-service-mobile-xamarin-forms-get-started-push
    When the value in database changes your backend could tell the notification hub(i.e. Azure notification hub) to send a message to the mobile clients.
    The clients can receive the notifications even though the application was at close state.

• shamineshamine Member ✭✭
    edited October 28
    Thank you for your reply.

My solution and database is not in azure, this app will connect to the already existing asp.Net server on our local server.

It is basically like a website already running on the server. And if there is some approval on the server for that person. His app will receive a notification on his mobile through app.

I need sort of a xamrin job that will continuously be in touch with database, or get alerted on trigger of sql.

Is there any other solution, without using azure.

The notification hub is connected by your local server so the database doesn't need to be placed on the Azure.
    If you don't like Azure you can try Firebase Cloud Messaging.

edited October 29

Thank you for your reply . Will try azure by connecting to local db.

Tried to add azure but it is paid version .
    I need something that will trigger on table change event to notify the app and indirectly notify the user of app.