Forum Xamarin.iOS
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Sign and Distribute : Failed to parse PList data Type

I am experiencing and issue when I try to deploy my app to ios, via Visual Studio for mac. The project builds fine and archives but when I click Sign and distribute following error shows up after some time.

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

It seems this issue occurs when the version of your Visual Studio is not compatible with the XCode version:
    https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/124744/how-to-resolve-argumentexception-failed-to-parse-plist-data-type
    What's the version of XCode and Visual Studio are you using?
    Try to update them to the latest version and test again.
    And the latest version for VS is 16.3.6 now. Meanwhile, XCode is 11.1.

• subashadhisubashadhi Member ✭✭

Hi, Thanks for the answer. My xcode version is 11.1 (11A1027) and my Visual Studio for Mac version is 8.3.4(build 8). These are the latest versions, I believe.

• ElvisXiaElvisXia Member, Forum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

I'm not able to reproduce the issue, could you please try to use plutil to check whether plist file syntax is ok:

plutil -lint  /path/to/project/info.plist

if the syntax is OK, could you please post a sample app that can reproduce this issue?

• wallymwallym USInsider, Beta ✭✭✭

I am getting the same error. I am on xCode 11.3.1, VSMac 8.4.7 build 17. I am in the stable channel and completely up to date on Xamarin.iOS and everything else on my mac.
    plutil -lint on my info.plist shows as OK.

Any ideas on this? TIA.

• jagdeeshkjagdeeshk Member ✭✭

@subashadhi
    I think you trying to upload the same or lower version app into AppStore. Increase the build number in the info.plist file it might help for you.