Xamarin.Mac app crash

lennietronomylennietronomy Member ✭✭
edited October 22 in Xamarin.Mac

Using latest XCode 11.1 (11A1027) together with Visual Studio.Net for Mac (8.3.4) and Xamarin.Mac (6.4.0.2) after I create an installer and then run my application the application crash immediately.

am using the exact same unmodified codebase from a git-tag that i used before when i went live in the AppStore with the previous app release so my guest is something is wrong with the toolset and not my codebase.

I found that this happens when i sign the application for distribution from within Xamarin IDE when a package gets created.
If I compile a .app without signing it then it works fine.

Answers

• ChrisHamonsChrisHamons USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

It could very much be tooling issues, but there are a number of other things that could be affecting it:

• Are your certificates / signing keys valid, and provisioning profiles valid for this machine? Did you use the exact same signing setup last time?
    • Are you on the same macOS version? macOS sometimes changes behaviors even on minor updates, and sometimes rebuilding against newer Xcode will change API behavior as well.

But often chasing the problem with this angle is not useful. I would strongly suggest digging out the crash report from the "console" app and see why it crashed.