APK (individual) submits OK, but get: Unoptimized APK Warning: This APK results in unused code and

KarhuKotiKarhuKoti USMember ✭✭

Hi,

I have built and signed my APKs (2, one for each architecture) and uploaded them to Google Play, but when I go to the page to "start rollout to production" the APKs have this warning:

Unoptimized APK
Warning: This APK results in unused code and resources being sent to users. Your app could be smaller if you used the Android App Bundle. By not optimizing your app for device configurations, your app is larger to download and install on users' devices than it needs to be. Larger apps see lower install success rates and take up storage on users' devices.

Resolution: Use the Android App Bundle to automatically optimize for device configurations, or manage it yourself with multiple APKs.

What am I supposed to do in order to get around this issue? It seems I have done everything required build, sign, and submit the app using Visual Studio 2019 and Xamarin (both latest).

Please help, Karhu.

• KarhuKotiKarhuKoti USMember ✭✭

I saw in another article that this is just a "warning" not the reason the Rollout button was grayed out.

The reason the release button was grayed out was because the app did not have all the google play items filled out (they will be gray not green checks on the left hand side of the screen).

Once I filled everything out, the Rollout button was enabled and app could be released.