Message: Android application is running (debug is disabled in android project properties).

edcal2edcal2 Member ✭✭✭

When I attempt to run the android emulator I get message. Android application is running (debug is disabled in android project properties).
The emulator is displayed on the screen and everything stops.
What must I do to get out of this situation?

Answers

• LeonLuLeonLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited October 18

There are a few things you need to look at.

1) One way to double check that it is at the project level would be looking at the csproj file for the project using notepad++ or some other text editor and looking at the debugtype, debugger, debug symbols for the property group Debug|X

2) Make sure the setting inside the project properties that enable developer instrumentation is checked.. may be a little different in Xamarin or an iOS project

3) If those simple properties are all set properly you may have a bigger issue related to mbd files not getting properly updated. Some people have had success clearing their debug folder and obj folders within the project so that the mbd files get rebuilt.

• edcal2edcal2 Member ✭✭✭

LeonLu thank you very much that solved the problem. When you get a change please look at the questions I have regarding loading the APK file. This one has been killing me for weeks. I can not find a page on goggle play that will allow me to upload a APK file. Please help.

• LeonLuLeonLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

If this issue(debug is disabled in android project properties) have solved, please mark it as answer, it will help others who have similar issue, If you have another question, please open a new thread for that(keep the one thread for one question).