Forum Visual Studio

VS 2019 Android axml

GlennErlerGlennErler USMember ✭✭✭

Moved onto VS 2019 and brought in a project I have been working on. Twice now I have had xml file appear in within the axml layout files. As an example I have a TickList.axml and then a TickList.xml file shows up in the folder. Not anything I created , saved etc. I have not been able to duplicate it on demand so I have no idea what I was doing when it appeared. I notice it because the build fails. ???? Anyone else have this

Answers

• GlennErlerGlennErler USMember ✭✭✭

Is there any info on this?
    It still occurs for me!!

• RafaeldeAndradeRafaeldeAndrade USMember ✭✭

Same problem here, if I edit and save AXML file, VS create a duplicate with XML extension every time.
    And if I create a new Android Layout file, it is created with XML extension and not AXML.

• GlennErlerGlennErler USMember ✭✭✭

I had response form the VS development team. The story is:
    1. The Xamarin Android has moved to using .xml instead of .axml. I know I was not aware of it either.
    2. .xml and .axml can exist side x side in the same project.
    3. They do acknowledge the sister/duplicate file issue but it is not corrected yet.
    4. VS by default will now create .xml for android layout but support .axml files will not be dropped.
    5. The suggest migrating existing projects over to .xml files.

I at least know what is going on now. There is no difference between an .axml and .xml file other than the extension.