Should I worry about a version conflict now I've updated to latest Xamarin (16.3.0.277)?

EasyGoingPatEasyGoingPat GBMember ✭✭✭
edited October 11 in Xamarin.Forms

I've just updated to latest Visual Studio (16.3.4), latest Xamrin nuget package (4.2.0.848062), and updated a the Mono SDK on my Mac Build host to match.

I now get the following warning in the build output:

**3> No way to resolve conflict between "System.Runtime.Serialization, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" and "System.Runtime.Serialization, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e". Choosing "System.Runtime.Serialization, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" arbitrarily.
Should I worry about this? Is there any way to fix it?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Try this solutions post in this thread : https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44200712/conflict-of-the-assembly-system-runtime-serialization-between-versions-and-publi.

1. The warning disappeared after adding a reference to System.Runtime.Serialization (4.0.0) to each of the projects with the warning.

2. Try to use update-package -reinstall command in the Package Manager Console.

• EasyGoingPatEasyGoingPat GBMember ✭✭✭

@ColeX

The update-package -reinstall command didn't fix it. I tried to add a reference to System.Runtime.Serialization 4.0.0.0 but it doesn't seem to be on my PC (anywhere that I can find).

I though that ticking Auto-generate binding redirects in iOS Project Properties -> Application should fix it but that didn't work either.

The application seems to run okay. I'm just nervous of a build that says it is arbitrarily choosing an assembly. :s

• Patrick
  • EasyGoingPatEasyGoingPat GBMember ✭✭✭

@ColeX

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought I was looking for a reference to V4.0.0.0, not V2.0.5.0.

That did indeed fix it (though I still don't really understand why).

Thank you.

~ Patrick