Attached properties will not show up in xaml

LeloLelo Member ✭✭✭

I am making a autocomplete extension for Entry and SearchBar - and I have looked closely how BindableLayout is created.

Compare AutocompleteExtension with BindableLayout

Basically I wish the attached properties to show up in xaml with intellisense - just like how it does for BindableLayout - so that I can:

I have imported the namespace into xaml like so
xmlns:custom="clr-namespace:Namespace;assembly=AutocompleteExtension"
and I have added a reference of AutocompleteExtensions library project to the forms project.

I don't see any difference in my implementation and that of BindableLayout. So why do I not get Intellisense in xaml with my Autocomplete?

Best Answer

Answers

• LeonLuLeonLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@Lelo

First of all xmlns:custom="clr-namespace:Namespace;assembly=AutocompleteExtension" this namespace have a mistake.

For example, You can see my PCL name is App51 like following screenshot.

So, we should change the namespace to xmlns:custom="clr-namespace:App51;assembly=App51"

Then we used it in the Entry like following format.

<Entry Placeholder="my"  custom:Autocomplete.ItemsSource=""  ></Entry>

Here is a example about it.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/xamarin-forms/app-fundamentals/behaviors/attached#creating-an-attached-behavior

• LeloLelo Member ✭✭✭

Thank you for your reply.
    Here is the project set up:

AutocompleteExtension is a library. AutocompleteExtensionTest and AutocompleteExtensionTest.iOS are a forms project

Could you guide me? What should xmlns look like in MainPage.xaml ?

• LeloLelo Member ✭✭✭

@LeonLu
    Thanks i'ts working now.

However, I recently changed the library to a multi targeted library - So it stopped working. I'ts a bit more expected though. But if you or anyone else have any quirks to get it to work - for a multi target library please be so kind and present it!