IOS project not building after upgrade to 8.3.2 and Catalina 10.15

After upgrading to the latest Visual Studio on my Mac and also the latest Mac (Catalina 10.15) I am not able anymore to build my IOS (no forms) project. Creating a clean and new IOS project works fine and I can run in the Simulator but my "old" project won't build anymore with the following message (signing for simulator: Default Developer, default profile just like a new project ) :
Hopefully some knows what's happening here.

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/6.4.0/lib/mono/msbuild/Current/bin/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(5,5): Error MSB4018: The "ResolveKeySource" task failed unexpectedly.
System.PlatformNotSupportedException: X509Certificate is immutable on this platform. Use the equivalent constructor instead.
at System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509Certificate2.Import (System.String fileName, System.String password, System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509KeyStorageFlags keyStorageFlags) [0x00000] in /Users/builder/jenkins/workspace/build-package-osx-mono/2019-06/external/bockbuild/builds/mono-x64/mcs/class/System/System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates/X509Certificate2.cs:576
at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.ResolveKeySource.ResolveManifestKey () [0x000dc] in /Users/builder/jenkins/workspace/build-package-osx-mono/2019-06/external/bockbuild/builds/msbuild-15/src/Tasks/ResolveKeySource.cs:221
at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.ResolveKeySource.Execute () [0x00000] in /Users/builder/jenkins/workspace/build-package-osx-mono/2019-06/external/bockbuild/builds/msbuild-15/src/Tasks/ResolveKeySource.cs:58
at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute () [0x00023] in /Users/builder/jenkins/workspace/build-package-osx-mono/2019-06/external/bockbuild/builds/msbuild-15/src/Build/BackEnd/TaskExecutionHost/TaskExecutionHost.cs:574
at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.ExecuteInstantiatedTask (Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost taskExecutionHost, Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.Logging.TaskLoggingContext taskLoggingContext, Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskHost taskHost, Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ItemBucket bucket, Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionMode howToExecuteTask) [0x002a9] in /Users/builder/jenkins/workspace/build-package-osx-mono/2019-06/external/bockbuild/builds/msbuild-15/src/Build/BackEnd/Components/RequestBuilder/TaskBuilder.cs:805 (MSB4018)

• RobertvanHoornaarRobertvanHoornaar USMember ✭✭
    edited October 11

Oke, found the solution!
    It turns out that there were some lines about manifest signing in the IOS folder:

<ManifestCertificateThumbprint>1ED962E74EFC7EE80F6F9DE674DF5A03BFC17BC4</ManifestCertificateThumbprint> </PropertyGroup> <PropertyGroup> <ManifestKeyFile>xxxxxxxxxxxx.pfx</ManifestKeyFile> </PropertyGroup> <PropertyGroup> <TargetZone>LocalIntranet</TargetZone> </PropertyGroup> <PropertyGroup> <ApplicationManifest>Properties\app.manifest</ApplicationManifest> </PropertyGroup> <PropertyGroup> <SignManifests>true</SignManifests> </PropertyGroup>

The solution did build on a windows machine connected to a MacBook for building. But it didn't build on the Mac itself. The project started a few years ago developing on a windows machine. So the line above here have been always in the project. It works on Windows because that has the .pfx files by default (aparantly). The latest version of Mono didn't like these lines. Since we are not using the signing it is safe to remove these lines. And then it builds again on Mac.