SyscallError: setpriority(PRIO_DARWIN_ROLE, 412, 3): No such process

CliftonSteenkampCliftonSteenkamp USMember ✭✭
edited October 7 in Xamarin.iOS

Hi

I found the error message above in the ios device log when trying to run my xamarin.ios project after updating to xcode 11.0 and the lastest Visual Studio for mac.
My application starts, it shows the splash and then just stops running/crashes.

Has anyone experienced this issue and found a solution, all assistance will be highly appreciated.

Best Answer

• CliftonSteenkampCliftonSteenkamp US ✭✭
    edited October 10 Accepted Answer

After days of investigation, trial-and-error and even updating my macOS to Catalina :D , I found the issue. Surprisingly it was something small and stupid(one line of code), would have honestly never thought of it. Anyway the issue was a line of code in my Main.cs that I somehow moved up to a commented line, perhaps I was clearing some line breaks.

This is what my Main.cs looked like:

public class Application
        {
            // This is the main entry point of the application.
            static void Main(string[] args)
            {
                // if you want to use a different Application Delegate class from "AppDelegate
                //you can specify it here. UIApplication.Main(args, null, "AppDelegate");
            }
        }

This is obviously what it was supposed to look like:

public class Application
        {
            {
                //you can specify it here.
                UIApplication.Main(args, null, "AppDelegate");
            }
        }

The entry into my application had basically been commented out.

I apologise for wasting your time @ColeX , regardless of that, I appreciate all your efforts.

Answers

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

The error occurs because of the issue Xcode is not compatible with the MDK client SDK , have you updated MDK to the latest in VS-for-mac? If it still does not work , downgrade your Xcode .

Refer https://answers.sap.com/questions/652925/mdk-client-sdk-set-up.html

• CliftonSteenkampCliftonSteenkamp USMember ✭✭

Hi @ColeX

Thanks for your response. Could you please tell me how to update the MDK, as I have never done it before.

Open VS-for-mac , click Check for Updates in left top menu , update all the package in the list.

Okay I've followed the steps you've provided above and it seems that there's no available updates.

@Colex

It doesn't make sense downgrading my xcode because now I'd have to downgrade my Xamarin.iOS version, which also means I'd have to downgrade my VS version. Isn't there a more feasible solution?

Know little about this error ,i suggest you reinstall visual studio for mac .

@ColeX

I tried what you suggested above and unfortunately, that didn't work either.

Please provide the version information (Visual studio, Xamarin.iOS , Xamarin.Forms) .

And test in a blank project to check if problem persists.

@ColeX

I created a blank project and it seems to run without any issues. What does this mean? The problem lies within MY project?

edited October 9

The crash may be caused by your code , 3-rd library , project configuration , sdk version , even network status and so on , what we can only do is trying to reproduce this error.

edited October 9

@ColeX
    So basically what I do is install all the libraries(same versions of course) I have in the problematic project one by one until I come across the same issue

@CliftonSteenkamp said:
    @ColeX
    So basically what I do is install all the libraries(same versions of course) I have in the problematic project one by one until I come across the same issue

Yes , exactly .

Create a blank project , add your code and library one by one to figure out the cause .

edited October 10 Accepted Answer

After days of investigation, trial-and-error and even updating my macOS to Catalina :D , I found the issue. Surprisingly it was something small and stupid(one line of code), would have honestly never thought of it. Anyway the issue was a line of code in my Main.cs that I somehow moved up to a commented line, perhaps I was clearing some line breaks.

This is what my Main.cs looked like:

public class Application
        {
            {
                //you can specify it here. UIApplication.Main(args, null, "AppDelegate");
            }
        }

This is obviously what it was supposed to look like:

public class Application
        {
            {
                //you can specify it here.
                UIApplication.Main(args, null, "AppDelegate");
            }
        }

The entry into my application had basically been commented out.

I apologise for wasting your time @ColeX , regardless of that, I appreciate all your efforts.