Xamarin WebView Video Issue

lsuglenlsuglen Member
edited October 3 in Visual Studio

Hello,

I have an app that I built for an iPad that I derived from the sample WorkingWithWebView project that Xamarin has on its website. It is fairly basic at this point in that it has a list of about 10 local .html files with images and text and you can navigate through the app on the local website without being online.

Base code is:
htmlSource.Html = File.ReadAllText("index.html");
htmlSource.BaseUrl = DependencyService.Get().Get();
browser.Source = htmlSource;
Content = browser;

From the index.html page, you can click on a video.html page. The video.html page has just your standard HTML video tag. FYI, left off the brackets so that it doesn't render on the post, but all beginning and end of the lines have < >

video width="700" height="525" title="Video Test" controls="controls"
source src="video/mytestvideo.mp4" type="video/mp4"
/video

All of my images and videos are set to Bundled Resource types.
This project worked 100% with an iPad and iPhone running iOS 12. When I upgraded (and also purchased a new iPad) to iOS13, upgraded my Visual Studio Enterprise 2019 to the latest version (16.3.2), upgraded Xamarin.Forms to the latest version (4.2.0.815419), upgraded my Mac OS (which is only used to pair Visual Studio from my Windows PC and build the solution) to Mojave and xCode 11.

On the devices with iOS 13, the video.html page loads and you can see the Play button in the middle of where the video is supposed to be, but the video doesn't load like it does on the iOS 12 devices that were previously working.

My info.plist is set for Deployment Target 13 as I am only deploying this to iOS 13 devices now. The Simulator works fine and plays the video correctly.

I am using an Ad-Hoc deployment and deploying directly to the iPad and not to the app store as this is an internal application.

Any thoughts? Help?

As another test, I deployed the local website to a hosting server. I was able to play the files on the iPad on the video.html page.
As another test, I created this website with a manifest cache for offline viewing. I was able to have that downloaded to the iPad and it plays correctly.
As another test, I changed my WorkingWithWebview app to call the same website address instead of using local files as the above test and it does NOT play the video... so it appears that it is something in the app that is blocking it.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Tagged: