iPhone Simulator always remains black

AhsnnAhsnn Member ✭✭

Hi,

I am developing a Xamarin.Forms application. I try to run it on iPhone Simulator , build is successful but the simulator always remain black and in Visual Studio, its always "Lauching the app on iPhone Xs 12.0 "...
I am using Visual Studio 2019. And I am using MVVMCross in the App.
Any quick help will be really appreciated.

Best Answer

Answers

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited September 27

It's often caused by the bad connection between your winodws and mac agent.
    Just some suggestions

1. Update Everything(VS for windows, VS for mac, Xcode) to the latest .
    2. Delete bin and obj folder in your project.
    3. Restart mac, reconnect to mac.
    4. Delete the app icon on the simulator .
    5. Rebuild your project and run again.

If it still doesn't work , unselect Remote Simulator to Windows , you could see the Simulator running on mac.

• AhsnnAhsnn Member ✭✭

Colex Thank you for the response. Means a lot.
    But I have not installed Visual Studio for Mac, it's only on Windows and I am connecting remote MAC with it. And on MAC, I only installed XCode version 10.3. I had installed the latest XCode 11 but it was causing the same issues then I searched and found out that it causes the problems so I downgraded its version. Is it fine?

• AhsnnAhsnn Member ✭✭

Also, when I try to debug the app, it opens the iPhone Simulator, but it is opened in my Windows and not in MAC

• AhsnnAhsnn Member ✭✭

@ColeX Many thanks.
    This resolved the issue.

Can I ask another off the topic question, please?
    Its that I have put Entry in the Xaml Content Pages of the PCL project. Entries work great in Android but in iOS simulator, Keyboard never comes up. I have an automatically focused entry on which the keyboard opens up automatically but it never works so I removed its auto focus as well. Still Keyboard is not coming out for any entry.

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@Ahsnn said:
    @ColeX Many thanks.
    This resolved the issue.

Can I ask another off the topic question, please?
    Its that I have put Entry in the Xaml Content Pages of the PCL project. Entries work great in Android but in iOS simulator, Keyboard never comes up. I have an automatically focused entry on which the keyboard opens up automatically but it never works so I removed its auto focus as well. Still Keyboard is not coming out for any entry.

Could you open a new thread ? It is not related with original question .