Mono versions mismatch

Hi,
From time to time I get this error message upon connecting to my Mac.
I know that this is caused that on windows or Mac the mono has been updated with a new version, ans so I have two different versions.

The question is how to prevent auto update of mono to happen [?]
I believe that the auto-updating part here is Windows with VS, as the communicate proposes to install on the Mac a new version, to align with the new version (apparently on the windows as it is Mac to get the update now).

So, how can I turn off mono auto-updates on Windows ?
The reason I'm doing this is that from my experience so often updates tend to garbage installation stuff, and after longer period I have 100GB eaten up by downloaded, and not used anymore previous version stuff (which it was too risky to auto-delete after install, just incase,..)
I will update the versons manually, e.g. once a month or two.

Best regard,
Michal

Tagged:

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

I think you need to move to Visual Studio forum to ask this issue: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=visualstudiogeneral.
    Actually, it is an issue about the automatic updates on Visual Studio 2019.

• HeroWith1000EyesHeroWith1000Eyes Member ✭✭

So, how can I turn off mono auto-updates on Windows ?

Hi, I regularly have that "mono versions mismatch" issue (lately, every two weeks) and I have the same questions as you. Did you find a definitive answers?

In an article found on developercommunity.visualstudio.com about a similar problem (I am not allowed to post URL yet, problem is /579489/mono-version-mismatch-between-vs-windows-and-vs-ma), someone from [MSFT] claims that a similar issue has been solved with 16.2, but I am still experiencing that behavior with 16.3.0

Best regards,

Jean

• Michal_JanMichal_Jan Member ✭✭

Hi, so far I've not solved the problem. I guess I need to bear with this until it gets fixed with a future major update of vs.
    Best,
    M.

• So, how can I turn off mono auto-updates on Windows ?

Hi, I regularly have that issue (lately, every two weeks) and I have the same questions as you. Did you find a definitive answers?

In an article found on developercommunity.visualstudio.com about a similar problem (I am not allowed to post URL yet, problem is /579489/mono-version-mismatch-between-vs-windows-and-vs-ma), someone from [MSFT] claims that a similar issue has been solved with 16.2, but I am still experiencing that behavior with 16.3.0

Best regards,

Jean

Hi, I regularly have that "Mono Versions mismatch" issue (lately, every two weeks) and I have the same questions as you. Did you find a definitive answers?

Best regards,

Jean

Hi, I regularly have that issue (lately, every two weeks) and I have the same questions as you. Did you find a definitive answers?

Best regards,

Jean

Hi, I regularly have that "Mono Version Mismatch" issue (lately, every two weeks) and I have the same questions as you. Did you find definitive answers?

Best regards,

Jean