Cross platform ZeroConf

Im looking to use ZeroConf (apple calls it Bonjour) in an iOS, Android (& a probably windows phone app). I know that in iOS its supported via NSNetService and there is jmDNS for Android. Since Xamarin is all about cross platform is there a easier way to do this without writing wrapper classes per platform ?

I found a Mono.Zeroconf package (Im a newbie to C# and Xamarin) is it possible to use that across platforms ? If so any tips on how to ? Thanks in advance

• JonDouglasJonDouglas USXamarin Team, University, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

You'd have to make an implementation per platform, but can make it truly cross platform that way.

• FalkoSchindlerFalkoSchindler USMember ✭✭

There's the cross-platform nuget package Zeroconf. I just tested it successfully scanning for a dummy service like

var results = await ZeroconfResolver.ResolveAsync("_test._tcp.local.");

• Manikandan_SManikandan_S USMember ✭✭

@FalkoSchindler If the host has the same id. The above mentioned Zeroconf package is ignoring. Can you able to run the GitHub source code!?

• I'm trying to work with Zerconf... When I try their sample code (https://github.com/onovotny/Zeroconf) to "EnumerateAllServicesFromAllHosts" (again, just using the method they provide as an example). The call goes out, but never returns.

If anyone could point me to an example... Some sort of basic reference implementation, I would be highly appreciative.

Thanks in advance,
    Jon