iOS designer custom controls remain in Toolbox after being deleted from the project

I am new to the iOS designer, which I think is a great tool, but am confused by one aspect of it. I am able to create a custom control, and it appears in the Toolbox panel as expected. However, in a few instances I have since deleted the custom control from my project in the solution explorer, but the custom control still appears in the iOS designer toolbox. How is this possible, and how can I remove it from the Toolbox once they have been deleted from the project? I have tried this in both the stable and beta releases, and get the same outcome in both.

• AlanMcGovernAlanMcGovern USXamarin Team Xamurai

Custom controls are detected by scanning the compiled binaries from your project. If you are seeing custom controls appearing in the toolbox after you've deleted them, is it because you haven't recompiled your project?

If the custom controls are still hanging around after you rebuild your project, and you can reliably trigger this issue, would you be able to send a screencast reproducing the problem to help us diagnose it?

• AndrewHoneAndrewHone AUMember

Thanks for the response. I had recompiled the project, so that wasn't the cause of the issue. However, the problem appears to be specific to one particular project. I have since started from scratch with a new project, and the problem so far does not seem to be recurring.