Android permissions not being removed

robiharidrobiharid Member ✭✭
edited September 11 in Xamarin.Android

I have removed CAMERA permissions from my Manifest but cleaning it, rebuilding it the APK exported as an archive still has the permission camera in the Play store.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" android:versionCode="1" android:versionName="1" package="com.xxx" android:installLocation="auto">
    <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="21" android:targetSdkVersion="28" />
    <application android:label="ReceptionMate.Android">
        <activity android:name="microsoft.identity.client.BrowserTabActivity">
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.VIEW" />
                <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
                <category android:name="android.intent.category.BROWSABLE" />
                <data android:scheme="xxxx" android:host="auth" />
            </intent-filter>
        </activity>
    </application>
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" />
</manifest>

Your app has an apk with version code 1 that requests the following permission(s): android.permission.CAMERA. Apps using these permissions in an APK are required to have a privacy policy set.

Required permissions
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE, android.permission.CAMERA, android.permission.INTERNET, android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE, android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE

Answers

• LeonLuLeonLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited September 11

Do you have any external libraries? If these libraries need the Camera permission.
    When you debug this application in your emulator, If Android OS do not need Camera permission and Open android Settings, select App&notifications , found you app,click the Permissions, here are no need Camera permission like this screenshot,

your application is not need the Camera permission. This issue is related to the goolgle play. I recommend you to connect Google, it is a effective ways.

• robiharidrobiharid Member ✭✭

@LeonLu said:
    Do you have any external libraries? If these libraries need the Camera permission.
    When you debug this application in your emulator, If Android OS do not need Camera permission and Open android Settings, found you app, here are no need Camera permission ,that you code is normal, This issue is related to the goolgle play. I recommend you to connect Google, it is a effective ways.

I had ZXing but then I thought of this... I uninstalled ZXing and the issue persist. I have uninstalled the app on my phone/tablet and it does not ask for any permissions...

Do you mean I should contact google or connect to google play distribution in Visual Studio?

edited September 11

@LeonLu said:
    When you debug this application in your emulator, If Android OS do not need Camera permission and Open android Settings, select App&notifications , found you app,click the Permissions, here are no need Camera permission like this screenshot,

your application is not need the Camera permission. This issue is related to the goolgle play. I recommend you to connect Google, it is a effective ways.

EDIT:

I just checked. It shows camera and storage you can toggle on (currently off)... how is the app requesting camera permissions? It is not on the manifest

If It shows camera, you application need the request camera persmissions. In addition to ZXing, what nuget packages did you use? Can you double check these nuget packages?

If it shows camera permission in App info, It seems your project have request this permission, could you double check the nuget packages that you have added?

@LeonLu said:
    If it shows camera permission in App info, It seems your project have request this permission, could you double check the nuget packages that you have added?

There are no packages requesting camera.

Did you use these ways to request permission?