MSBuild/DevEnv to build .IPA file?

Is there any way I can ask MSBuild (or devenv) to build my iOS solution on Windows (with the Mac build host present of course) and do everything up to producing the .IPA file?

I am trying to automate our release builds, to ensure everything that should be done, is done, and done correctly, but so far I can only produce the mono .EXE and .DLL files on the Windows side.

Are there any extra commands I need to run in order to do this?

I fully understand that the .IPA file will be created on the Mac side, I just need to get it built.

Answers

• josemiguel.torresjosemiguel.torres ESXamarin Team Xamurai

Hi @LasseVK

No there is not right now. We are working on in order to enhance this sort of scenarios. Could you contact me at josemiguel at xamarin.com? I would love to contact you and get further details about it.

Thanks!!

• JahmaiJahmai AUMember ✭✭

+1 We would like the very same thing.

It looks like I could feasibly hack something together by doing the same thing as the Visual Studio Extension assembly does, but best if Xamarin could offer it as an official feature.

• MathieuBruningMathieuBruning NLMember

+1 We would like the very same thing.

• ChrisRestallChrisRestall USMember

ANY word on this? I'm seeing allot of different threads regarding capabilities but no complete solution yet?

• TEDETEDE USMember

Is it solved?

• CyrilCathalaCyrilCathala FRMember ✭✭

Same issue here, I am trying to package an IPA from a TFS server connected to a Build Host.
    The IPA generation option is checked in the project settings, but the logs tell the option is skipped :

Task "CreateIpaTask" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(MtouchTargetsEnabled)') was evaluated as ('False').

• ParagraphDevsParagraphDevs ATMember ✭✭

+1

• zipperlezipperle USUniversity ✭✭

Same! +1