Azure Messaging problem with installing APK

TuneITTuneIT HRMember
edited May 2014 in Xamarin.Android

It's me again with another problem.

I've added the Azure Messaging component to my Droid project, without changing any code at all.
Build and Rebuild finished succesfully, but when I tried to debug on a device (real and virtual), a problem came up:

Deployment failed because of an internal error: Unexpected install output: pkg: /data/local/tmp/TunApp13.Droid-Signed.apk
Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_MANIFEST_MALFORMED]

Xamarin.AndroidTools.AndroidDeploymentException: InternalError ---> Mono.AndroidTools.InstallFailedException: Unexpected install output: pkg: /data/local/tmp/TunApp13.Droid-Signed.apk
Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_MANIFEST_MALFORMED]

at Mono.AndroidTools.Internal.AdbOutputParsing.CheckInstallSuccess(String output, String packageName)
at Mono.AndroidTools.AndroidDevice.<>c__DisplayClass2a.b__29(Task1 t) at System.Threading.Tasks.ContinuationTaskFromResultTask1.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Xamarin.AndroidTools.AndroidDeploySession.RunLogged(CancellationToken token)
at Xamarin.AndroidTools.AndroidDeploySession.Start(CancellationToken token)

It's the same thing with both debug and release builds.
When I remove Azure Messaging component there's no more errors...

Does anyone have any ideas?

Posts

  • TuneITTuneIT HRMember

    Tnx @Redth‌ ;)

    I'll try it first thing in the morning - it's 23:53 here, so I can't access my workstation currently :)

  • TuneITTuneIT HRMember

    Solved ;)
    Tnx again @Redth‌

  • Thanks for the answer @Redth

  • BinGaoBinGao USMember

    Thank you.

  • BatzeeBatzee LKMember ✭✭

    I have a big project I am working for the last 6 months. Suddenly I needed to add GCM and now I am getting this error. But for me if I change the package name in the Manifest the whole program is losing reference. So is there an option where I can change it without affecting the whole project?

  • cammy_sweetcammy_sweet BRMember
    edited June 2017

    @JonathanDick said:
    Hey @IvanCuljak you've been bitten by the annoying issue with Google Cloud Messaging that you can't have a package name starting with an uppercase character.

    Go into your Project Settings, under Android Application (and add a manifest if you don't already have one by clicking the button). Finally, make sure your 'Package name' does not start with an uppercase letter.

    I'd recommend a package name with all lower case letters, and at least one '.' in the name like 'com.mycompany.myapp'.

    That should fix things up for you!

    My manifest was without a package name, so I just put one! and voilá the deploy was successful.

Sign In or Register to comment.