Initialization error when attempted to connect to storyboard

SMabbuttSMabbutt Member ✭✭

Hello all,

I've been working on a project for a few weeks and went away from it for a week. When i returned, it asked me to update Mono on the Mac server to the latest version. After doing this it allowed me to reconnect to the Mac and continue with the coding, however, the storyboards now no longer connect and the below error is given instead.

MonoTouch.Design.Client.CouldNotInitializeRendererException: Unexpected exception trying to connect to the server ---> System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

Both the external Mac and the computer hosting Visual Studio both have more then ample memory, and every other part of the software works. Is there a simple fix for this that won't involve a lot of trial and error or major reloads? Or am I best to just continue in code from this point on?

Thanks,
Steve

Answers

• SMabbuttSMabbutt Member ✭✭

Typical, just as I post on here to ask, I find a solution!

I have a large amount of image files included in the Resources folder of the project. If i exclude half of them, the storyboard loads, even though the images are never directly used on the storyboard until called on by the code. Regardless, I can work with that!