Hi, could somebody please suggest a framework for testing windows applications that uses xamarin?

This application runs on all Windows devices( laptop, phones, tablets). I could find xamarinUI test only for android and iOS. Can it be used for Windows application as well?

Answers

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

@preethitg said:
    I could find xamarinUI test only for android and iOS. Can it be used for Windows application as well?

Not currently. I have seen no recent confirmation that Windows (UWP or otherwise) will be supported, and have never seen a timescale for Windows support being added.

@preethitg said:
    This application runs on all Windows devices( laptop, phones, tablets)

Xamarin.Forms no longer supports UWP on Windows phones without using an old version of Xamarin.Forms and targeting an old version of UWP.

If you need your automated testing to operate on Android, iOS and UWP, take a look at http://appium.io/
    I haven't used Appium yet, but that's what I expect to use unless Xamarin.UITest is finally updated to support UWP. TBH, I might go with Appium even if UITest is updated to support UWP. although I'd do some prototyping with Appium first just to make sure that it does support platforms as I expect.