Reading and receiving message in Windows phone(UWP) and IOS

pearlshwetapearlshweta Member ✭✭

Hello,
i have implemented message receiver using broadcast receiver for android.
Now, i have to implement in Windows phone(UWP) and IOS. I cant find any documentation anywhere. Can you guys please help me?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

@pearlshweta said:
    Hello,
    i have implemented message receiver using broadcast receiver for android.
    Now, i have to implement in Windows phone(UWP) and IOS. I cant find any documentation anywhere. Can you guys please help me?

What sort of message? SMS?

Windows Phone (not UWP) is dead.

UWP support for phones is effectively dead (you'd have to target an old version of UWP for it to work).

• pearlshwetapearlshweta Member ✭✭

Hi John,
    Thank you for quick reply.
    I am new to xamarin. i am working with SMS, where i have to read SMS automatically. i want to implement it for windows phone and iphone.
    Can you please help me?
    If uwp does not work for windows phones then what does? can you please tell me, where i can find help for coding ?

@pearlshweta said:
    If uwp does not work for windows phones then what does? can you please tell me, where i can find help for coding ?

What make/model of Windows phones are you planning to install on?
    What (exact, not just 10) version of Windows is installed on those phones?
    How many Windows phones do you expect to install on?

(in practice, it can make sense to support Windows desktop and Windows tablets, but it is rarely going to be worth the effort to target old Windows phones)

Hi John,
    I am not targeting any particular make/model. There is no number of users decided yet too. Mostly it will be windows phones, but if the app can support tablet too, that will be cherry on top.
    i wanted to develop the app relatable today's windows phones. So, may be windows 8 and above?

even on Microsoft xamarin website, i cant find documentation for windows phones. I am very confused.

Thanks a lot for your help John. i will drop windows phones idea altogether. Can you help me with IOS?
    How can i implement message receiver for it? I heard it is not possible to pro grammatically read messages fro iphone.

@pearlshweta said:
    Can you help me with IOS?
    How can i implement message receiver for it? I heard it is not possible to pro grammatically read messages fro iphone.

It's not something that I have done. I have also read that it is not supported on iOS, but have not researched to confirm that. I suggest posting a question in the Xamarin.iOS forum at https://forums.xamarin.com/categories/ios

Thanks a lot John. You are very helpful.