BarTintColor not working on Large Titles in iOS 13

jmlumpkinjmlumpkin Member ✭✭

As I am trying to prepare our app for iOS 13, I am running into a rendering issue I can not fix.

We have code like this in our ViewDidLoad:

this.NavigationController.SetNavigationBarHidden(false, false);
this.NavigationController.NavigationBar.BarTintColor = UIColor.FromRGB(3, 117, 178);
this.NavigationController.NavigationBar.TintColor = UIColor.White;
this.NavigationController.NavigationBar.Translucent = false;
this.NavigationController.NavigationBar.TitleTextAttributes = new UIStringAttributes
{
ForegroundColor = UIColor.White
};
View.BackgroundColor = UIColor.White;

this.NavigationController.NavigationBar.PrefersLargeTitles = true;
this.NavigationController.NavigationBar.LargeTitleTextAttributes = new UIStringAttributes
{
ForegroundColor = UIColor.White
};

We got a lot of this information previously from the dev blogs (cant insert link due to newness of account, but look for "Go Large with iOS 11"), and I tried several iterations there. I even tried putting part of this in our AppDelegate too.

I can change the text (Its actually working here, thats why you see nothing). It works fine on a page without PrefersLargeTitles set.

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited August 23

iOS 13 is still in beta 8 now so we don't know what happened to the navigation controller and we don't support preview version here. I recommend you to test it in XCode if the issue persists you need to contact Apple support to ask what causes that.
    However, I tried to change the bar tint color of UINavigationBar on iOS 12 when setting the PrefersLargeTitles to true it worked.

• jmlumpkinjmlumpkin Member ✭✭

This was a bug in Xamarin.iOS that was fixed in 12.99.4 and later.

Was able to have it work correctly in xcode.

If the developer forums are not the place for preview support, where is?