Visual Studio can't see my signing identities or my profiles

BobClemensBobClemens USMember ✭✭

In Visual Studio 2019 (Windows), in the iOS project of my Xamarin Forms app, under Manual Provisioning, it can't see my signing identities or my provisioning profiles, for either debug or release.

On developer.apple.com, it shows my 2 certs -- 1 developer, 1 distrib. And it shows my provisioning profiles.
On the paired Mac, in the KeyChain app, my 2 certs appear, each with a private key underneath. In XCode > Preferences > Accounts, when I click "Manage Certificates", I see my 2 certs.
When I download my profile, and then double clicked it in Downloads, and then it appeared in Library > Mobile Devices > Provisioning Profiles. (Is there another way to see them?) The profile I am trying to use is for distrib, and uses my distrib cert, and an app id with a specific path (ie, not wild card).

Any ideas what's wrong and/or how to resolve?

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Have you tried it on your Visual Studio for Mac? Maybe your pairing is not completed.
    You can also create a project in XCode with the same bundle ID as the application you want to deliver on Visual Studio.
    Set the code signing style to manual in XCode to see whether it will work there.

• BobClemensBobClemens USMember ✭✭

Thanks for the suggestion.
    I created a test project in Visual Studio for Mac, and in Release config, using the same bundle ID as in Windows, it did successfully see my distrib cert, and also my provisioning profile.
    In Windows, it seems to be paired to the MAC -- Pair to Mac icon is green. And I can compile.
    Any ideas what else to look at?

• BobClemensBobClemens USMember ✭✭

I upgraded Visual Studio 2019 (Windows) to the latest version, 16.2.3, (from 16.0) and the problem appears to be resolved.