Signing Identity and provisioning profiles are not visible in visual studio 2019 or 2017

mutasemloubanimutasemloubani USMember ✭✭

I have been struggling to publish my second xamarin forms application on App store for 5 days, and It should be published 3 days ago.

The current situation is:

• I have one development certificate and one distribution certificate
  • I have two App Identities ( App1 & App2)
  • I have four (4) provisioning profiles ( 1 dev and 1 dist for each app )

Before, I had only one application registered on the apple portal and I can see the singing identities and its profiles, but when I added the new application and added its new provisioning profiles to Xcode, They are not available on visual studio, so I removed all old certificates (development and distribution) and all provisioning profiles from Apple developer portal and from Xcode (~/Library/MobileDevices/) for each application, and cleared everything and started from scratch, and did it all again but no hope, neither the first app or the second one.

Any help please!

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Have you checked on the Manual Provisioning in the project's iOS Bundle Signing tab?
    Please check if your project has the same bundle ID as the portal's.
    Please check if your Mac has the correct certificate in the keychain.
    Try to create a project using XCode with the same bundle ID. Can this provisioning profile successfully show up?

• mutasemloubanimutasemloubani USMember ✭✭

@LandLu said:
    Have you checked on the Manual Provisioning in the project's iOS Bundle Signing tab?
    Please check if your project has the same bundle ID as the portal's.
    Please check if your Mac has the correct certificate in the keychain.
    Try to create a project using XCode with the same bundle ID. Can this provisioning profile successfully show up?

First question: yes and no hope
    Second Question: yes it has the same
    Third one: what do you mean by correct ones? it now has the same two certificates that are on my portal and they both have access key
    fourth question: yes I did, and the correct identities showed their and I had selected them and there are no errors!

It is weird if the provisioning profile can be selected in XCode. Visual Studio just applied the settings on your Mac.
    Have you tried to test it on Mac using Visual Studio for Mac?

I hav''nt tried it, but I will do, anyway when try to use the auto provisioning, it creates new Wildcard provisioning profile and new Wildcard app Identity and new Wildcard development certificate !!!, then, when I want to upload the ipa file, it says there are no valid app bundle!

Automatic Provisioning will help you create a wildcard app id and provisioning profile but app store application need an explicit app ID. Wildcard is only used for developing.

Yes I am aware of that, but in the documentation, they mentioned that it can also be used to select the appropriate profile from the mac that match your bundle Id

I have opened the project using vs 2017 (windows) and downgraded xamarin.ios version on mac, for the first app everything are there (certificates-signing identities, and the provisioning profiles) for the new one only the certificates are there

the second app has been built using Shell xamarin forms 4

for project A : I have two versions (one using XF 3.4, and the other 4.1 without shell) -> when I open them using vs 2017 I can see the signing identities and provisioning profiles
    For project B: built using XF 4.1 with Shell -> on vs 2019 no certificates nor profiles there, but on vs 2017 only certificates are there and no profiles

Any help please !!

I believe that it is either Xamarin ios sdk version or vs 2019 problem or both of them

No matter which template you are using the signing identities and provisioning profiles should be able to be selected if you have used the corresponding bundle ID.
    I've no idea why downgrading the version of Xamarin.iOS will make it work. If you have different xamarin iOS versions on Mac and Windows the pairing even can't be completed.
    If the pairing can't be finished the Mac's setting can't be mirrored to the VS.

Yes, you are right, so that I downgraded the version of xamarin.ios sdk on mac and used vs 2017 and all seems work fine, but for the second app the profiles are not available only the certificates
    anyway, I will download the vs for mac and update you

thanks you for interest

Visual Studio 2017 contains different versions of Xamarin.iOS comparing to VS 2019. So if you make it work on 2017 VS 2019 will absolutely fail.

edited August 14

Yes I know that as I told you I downgraded everything like I have never used vs 2019

I downgraded XF version of the project B to 3.4 and opened it using vs 2017 and it is now working, I am convinced that it is a bug in the latest xamarin.ios sdk version

It should never be related to any nuget package's version as I'm using the latest version of Xamarin.Forms on Visual Studio 2019.
    However, if you think this could be an issue on Xamarin.iOS you can report it here: https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/issues