Anyone familiar with this error?

PerryPerry USMember ✭✭
edited August 12 in Xamarin.iOS

Jumping back into my iOS app after a few months and am getting the following errors in the device console when the app attempts to start on a iOS device:

Sandbox: (1137) deny(1) file-write-data /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Accessibility.plist

rejecting write of key ApplicationAccessibilityEnabled in { com.apple.Accessibility, mobile, kCFPreferencesAnyHost, no container, managed: 0 } from process 1137 because setting preferences outside an application's container requires user-preference-write or file-write-data sandbox access

Couldn't write value for key ApplicationAccessibilityEnabled in CFPrefsPlistSource<0x283b2e400> (Domain: com.apple.Accessibility, User: kCFPreferencesCurrentUser, ByHost: No, Container: (null), Contents Need Refresh: Yes): setting preferences outside an application's container requires user-preference-write or file-write-data sandbox access

I am running with new certs/profiles as the previous certs had expired. Searching around would indicate that it "may" be a cert or profile issue. If this is a cert issue it is not very clear. Seems like signing and or deployment would fail if there was a cert or profile issue.

Any hints appreciated. Thanks.
Perry

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Which version of XCode are you using?
    It seems this will happen on XCode 8. Try to reboot your Mac and iPhone: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39876042/nsuserdefaults-errors-in-logs
    And uninstall the app on your iPhone before deploying.

• PerryPerry USMember ✭✭

@LandLu, thanks for the input but that is not the same error I have been receiving.

I am at Xcode 10.2.

I recreated all my certs and profiles and have it working on a device using a debug install. I still don't know what the magic bullet was but must have done something incorrect in the first round of creating new certs and profiles. Oh well.

Still struggling with TestFlight but it is another error now this morning so I will try to resolve that one before posting again.

• PerryPerry USMember ✭✭

Got my release build working in TestFlight by revoking my production certs and profiles and recreating them. Guess I did something wrong the first time I created the new ones last week. Have no idea what but I can keep moving forward now.

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Glad you solved it. I haven't encountered this before. It could be some particular situations.