Drawing app in Xamarin.Forms

MikilllMikilll Member ✭✭✭
edited August 6 in Xamarin.Forms

Hello,
how can I easily create an app like this in Xamarin.Forms?

I was looking on SkiaSharp, but I think that SkiaSharp has very limited functionality, especially regarding drag and touch. As you can see on the gif I need to draw rectangles on the grid. Are there any libraries or maybe even paid commercials solutions for creating apps with advanced drawing like this shown on the gif?

Answers

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

@Mikilll said:
    how can I easily create an app like this in Xamarin.Forms?

Not the answer that you want to hear, but it's unlikely to be easy. It's not something that I would use Xamarin.Forms for, unless there is a third-party package that does most of the work for me.

• MikilllMikilll Member ✭✭✭

@JohnHardman
    If no Xamarin.Forms, so what do you recommend?

This is a very difficult app even in a native world.

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

@Mikilll said:
    This is a very difficult app even in a native world.

That's why I would probably go native. If it's difficult in native, it'll only be even more difficult using a cross-platform framework, unless some kind soul has written most of the functionality already and made it available as a plugin.

The question for me would be whether to go completely native (Swift on iOS, Java on Android), or go with Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android . The more difficult something is, the more likely I would be to go completely native.

• MagnusWallonMagnusWallon USMember ✭✭✭
    edited August 7

You might wan't to look in to the plugin MR.Gestures to track touchevents of the background grid and then let frames resize to the passing grid points, I think it will be a pretty complex app but doable.
    But now I'm going swear in the church :) this project would probably be very much simpler in Adobe Air. It's still one of the best frameworks for doing complex graphical stuff.
    Another way might be doing the graphical complex stuff in CocosSharp and embed it in the forms project, I've gone that way sometimes when I really didn't find a solution in forms.