Xamarin Google Analytics Component and iOS IDFA Requirements

PerryPerry USMember ✭✭

Can anyone tell me if the current build of the GA component for iOS is compliant with the recently enforced restrictions for IDFA which say if you reference IDFA in your app that you have to serve ads in your app?

I am using GA but not serving ads. Rather know now than find out in six days when my app is rejected.

I know Google had a fix out for this in February. Just wondering if it made it into this component. Thanks.

Component works great btw. Thanks to whoever built it.

• AlexSotoAlexSoto MXXamarin Team Xamurai

Hello @Perry‌

Yes the component no longer Requires AdSupport so you should be safe, Just in case you run into issues please let me know and I will review it ASAP.

Alex

• PerryPerry USMember ✭✭

@dalexsoto,

Thanks for getting back to me.

• DeanFaizalDeanFaizal USUniversity

Hi, I recently added the Google Analytics component to my app and it is being rejected due to: Improper Advertising Identifier [IDFA] Usage. Your app contains the Advertising Identifier [IDFA] API but you have not indicated its usage on the Prepare for Upload page in iTunes Connect.

Do we need to use the IDFA for analytics? Thanks

• PerryPerry USMember ✭✭

@ffaizal, You have to use the most recent version of the GA component by Xamarin. I ran into this issue because I was using an older version of it. The most recent version removes the unneeded dependency on the IDFA api. Once I updated to the most recent, my app was accepted.

• GaborFurediGaborFuredi HUMember ✭✭

@AlexSoto

I ran into the problem that I actually DO want to use IDFA for (re)marketing purposes.

I have set the tracker to enable the ID collection in my AppDelegate:

Tracker.SetAllowIdfaCollection(true);

However, this still does not work, nothing happens on Google's dashboard. Is there any additional step or package / lib I need to include for this to actually work?

• ClayMartinClayMartin USUniversity ✭✭

@AlexSoto I also need to allow IFDA collection in my app. Like @GaborFuredi, I also need to know what else I need to do in my app to allow it.