A diagram/map of all Xamarin controls, layouts and pages

LeloLelo Member ✭✭✭
edited August 2 in General

Is there a diagram/map over the hierarchy for all Xamarin.Forms controls, layouts and pages somewhere?

Answers

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

@Lelo said:
    Is there a diagram/map over the hierarchy for all Xamarin.Forms controls, layouts and pages somewhere?

There used to be one, but it was always hard to find.

I've just done a quick Google and the closest I could find without spending much time on it was https://i.stack.imgur.com/5OIVX.png

However, that one was been tweaked to answer a question, and is now out of date anyway. It would be useful for the official documentation to include a newer version if there is not one already hidden away - cc @DavidBritch @JamesMontemagno @DavidOrtinau

When I have some time, I'll look to see if the edition of Visual Studio that I have can create a class diagram (or something approaching one) automatically. I used to have significant class diagrams in VS2010 Enterprise Edition, but I no longer have Enterprise :-(

• LeloLelo Member ✭✭✭

I am building some controls and are more or less simply looking for the names and their position in the family - to make sure I add my functionality as broad as possible. For instance Layout<View> is the common ancestor of StackLayout and FlexLayout.

• DavidBritchDavidBritch GBXamarin Team Xamurai

@Lelo @JohnHardman

There isn't. However, I've created a work item for myself to look into producing a new one/produce a new one.

@DavidBritch said:
    @Lelo @JohnHardman

There isn't. However, I've created a work item for myself to look into producing a new one/produce a new one.

Great. Thanks David. I certainly found the old one (that https://i.stack.imgur.com/5OIVX.png was clearly based on) very useful when I was new to Xamarin.Forms, I would expect people coming to Xamarin.Forms now would find an updated one useful.

@DavidBritch

Brilliant - many thanks :-)

Just need to find an A3 printer now ;-)

• LeloLelo Member ✭✭✭

Great!

A side question: Is VisualElementRenderer the highest order renderer?

• JoeMankeJoeManke USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lelo said:
    Great!

A side question: Is VisualElementRenderer the highest order renderer?

Generally yes, but not every renderer inherits from it.