Using App Bundle Format Increased App Download Size

amit_kulkarni83amit_kulkarni83 Member ✭✭
edited August 1 in Visual Studio

Hi All,

With recent update in Visual Studio 2019, I have created App Bundle for my app and uploaded to Google Play Console. It reported new App download size about 9.5 MB(It was 15 MB before that). So after publishing the app I visited to play store and it shows that download size is 19MB. I clicked on install and it actually download 19 MB.

So conclusion is that App Bundle Format actually increased my App Download Size. Not sure if I did something wrong.
You can check my app(CareerBuddy) on play store at following location...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.AmitKulkarni.CareerBuddy

Thanks & Regards,
Amit Kulkarni.

Answers

• batmacibatmaci DEMember ✭✭✭✭✭

also did you check if your app is working on all devices. my app bundle was crashing on half of the available devices. You can get that report by publishing a beta or alpha version of your app. so google will make a pre launch report for you on several devices. this bug was reported in github and it is fixed but not merged or released yet.

• amit_kulkarni83amit_kulkarni83 Member ✭✭
    No my app is not crashing but updates are failing. So when one have my old version installed, he is not able to update it to the letest. He has to uninstall and reinstall the app in order to update it.
  • batmacibatmaci DEMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@amit_kulkarni83 said:
    No my app is not crashing but updates are failing. So when one have my old version installed, he is not able to update it to the letest. He has to uninstall and reinstall the app in order to update it.

oh s*it! yes i had that problem also. i basically have a test copy of my app as closed beta in the google playstore and i thought that this is because of it is closed beta. this is it horrible if it happens for live apps also. it has no go for me if it s a xamarin behavior.
    Btw, i meant this bug https://github.com/xamarin/xamarin-android/issues/3298
    I would recommend you that you test your app with beta in case you didnt to see if it works for all devices because this crash you dont get in your trace logs.