I'm design an app and would like to get advice on the best way to Architect the app.
I have a BroadcastReceiver for volume changes, I then need to send the updated volume over a TCP connection to a TCP Server.
I have no need for an Activity, I don't need a user interface. The app will need to Run full time.
There are a few way to have the up work... what is best?
- Have the service start on a BootComplete BroadcastReceiver, and also on the opening of the Blank/empty Activity?
- Have a separate BroadcastReceiver talk to a separate service?
- Have the BroadcastReceiver registered in the Service (OnCreate)?
- If I register the BroadcastReceiver in the service I can pass as instance to communicate back to the service, is there a better way to communicate with the Service from inside the OnReceive method?
- Would I use a Service or IntentService?
- Is there a better way to monitor volume changes and then send a TCP packet?
- Another way to Architect the app?
Thanks for the help, I know C# well but new to Android.