PREVIEW: Xamarin.iOS Preview 4 for Xcode 11 and iOS 13

DavidOrtinauDavidOrtinau USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Insider, University Xamurai
edited August 7 in Xamarin.iOS

We have a whole host of new updates to support Apple’s latest previews including:

• iOS 13 and iPadOS 13
  • tvOS 13
  • watchOS 6
  • Xcode 11

To see what’s new in this preview, known issues, and a full API diff, check out the release notes.

How to Get Started

1. Download and install the Xcode 11 beta from the Apple Developer Portal.
  2. In Visual Studio for Mac, select Visual Studio > Check for Updates, select the Xcode 11 Previews channel, and install the available updates.
  3. In Visual Studio for Mac, select Visual Studio > Preferences > Projects > SDK Locations > Apple and select Xcode-beta.app.
  4. (Optional – Visual Studio 2019 only) Download and install the Xcode 11 preview support VSIX.

And that’s it! You can now begin building your apps against Xcode 11 and utilize the available iOS 13 APIs within your Xamarin apps. Detailed instructions can be found on the Xamarin Documentation Portal.

Feedback?

Please log an issue on GitHub with any feedback. If you have questions or feedback you would like to share privately, don’t hesitate to reach out directly at [email protected].

• m2a2xm2a2x Member ✭✭

Hello @DavidOrtinau, ty very much for this post and update.
    I can't get it working with WatchOs in configuration.

I even just create empty project and it's not compiling, tried different configurations:

`
    Build FAILED.

MTOUCH : error MT3001: Could not AOT the assembly
    Projects/test/ts/ts.WatchOSExtension/obj/iPhone/Debug/mtouch-cache/3-Build/tsWatchOSExtension.dll'
    0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)
    `

I couldn't wait for the release version the problem is we have some users in our application which are on WatchOs 6 already and they are leaving quite hard feedback for our app.

• SebastianKruseSebastianKruse USMember ✭✭✭
    @m2a2x every app compiled for watchOS 5 just runs fine on watchOS 6. So if you get bad feedback I would search at another place but it is no reason to use a preview build in production.

That said, after testing a bunch with the preview build I expirence a white screen lock on iPadOS 13 for all my devices when compiling with the preview. Is this a already known issue?
  • DavidOrtinauDavidOrtinau USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Insider, University Xamurai

Preview 4 is now available. <3

• selcukselcuk USUniversity ✭✭

Still no luck with the AOT error when you are building or archiving the iOS-watchOS project. I don't know what to do about it. We are kinda stuck with macOS Catalina.

• RogisterAlainRogisterAlain BEBeta ✭✭✭

can you tell me how we programmatically detect that we are in Dark mode or Light mode on IOS in Xamarin.IOS c #?

Thank you

• DavidCatmullDavidCatmull USMember ✭✭

How do I get the Xcode 11 Previews channel to appear? All I see is Preview and Stable. I tried re-installing VS but it didn't help.