Pair mac and use the android tools installed on the mac?

LeloLelo Member ✭✭✭

I have successfully paired visual studio with mac. But I wonder if it is possible for visual studio to also use the android sdks that's installed on my mac - and even the .net core that is installed on the Mac?

Answers

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lelo said:
    I have successfully paired visual studio with mac. But I wonder if it is possible for visual studio to also use the android sdks that's installed on my mac - and even the .net core that is installed on the Mac?

Pairing to a mac is purely for iOS builds. You will need to either use Visual Studio for Mac on the mac itself to use its SDKs, or use Visual Studio for Windows with the android SDKs installed.

• LeloLelo Member ✭✭✭

@JohnH said:

@Lelo said:

Pairing to a mac is purely for iOS builds. You will need to either use Visual Studio for Mac on the mac itself to use its SDKs, or use Visual Studio for Windows with the android SDKs installed.

I see. I also understand I can't configure Android SDK for Windows to point to adb on my Mac as it is a unix executable.
    It is bit of a shame because I would prefer not having double android platforms and emulators installed. Using both Mac and Windows.

• DirkWilhelmDirkWilhelm USMember ✭✭✭✭

i think those links only relate to deploying the application to an android emulator running on the mac. The application itself is still compiled on the windows machine (or vm). So you will still have to install the android sdk on both platforms.

• LeloLelo Member ✭✭✭

Is it possible to install the Android SDK onto a portable hard drive? I have experienced weird android issues in Visual Studio for Mac doing so.