Mac Mini as a build host for IOS

rouge1nirouge1ni GBMember ✭✭

Hi, Guys was thinking of getting my self a second hand 2013 mac mini or 2014 mac mini for a build host, what are your guy's views on that I no early on build host had allotted issue with ios dev. I mainly developer on Andriod and forms but would be nice to be able to test ios apps now and again.

What is android development like on mac I guess it can't be done since see allot of Microsoft devs still use windows?

What is a good mac mini build host spec I don't want to subscribe to something like online would rather have a mac mini on my desk?

• PaulDistonPaulDiston USUniversity ✭✭✭✭

@rouge1ni I use a Mac Mini as a build host which is connected to via Visual Studio on my Windows machine. I use a Late 2012 (2.5 GHz i5, 16GB RAM) and it does the job.

• LeloLelo Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 26

Android development on Mac is nice and offers no particular set up challenge. My opinion about the IDEs is that Visual Studio for Mac has a much cleaner outlook. Visual Studio might have more settings and options - but they are everywhere. However I am currently working in Visual Studio since VSfM don't offer multi target libraries yet. Also setting up your environment - the tools quiet easily eat up your ssd disk space. In that regard it could be better to use windows- since the iOS tools will be on the mac.