Failed to resolve System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter

tanriverditanriverdi USMember ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm developing a Xamarin.IOS application and I'm recieving this error although I don't use System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter at all.

I tried uninstalling all packages, deleting bin and obj folders and rebuilding etc. but I don't understand why I'm still recieving this error ):

Anyone else getting this error message?

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Does it occur on a new blank iOS project? Please set your project's Linker Behavior to Don't Link and then try it again.

• tanriverditanriverdi USMember ✭✭

It doesn't occur on a blank iOS project. I set Linker behaviour to 'Don't Link' and unfortunately nothing changed :(

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

It's weird. PerformanceCounter is a library of .Net FrameWork. We can't use it on Xamarin.iOS project even though mono also has this library. And you said it won't occur on a new project. Please check your project's code do you assume it somewhere?

• HalilDoganBolakHalilDoganBolak USMember ✭✭
    edited July 30

I have the same problem - not using the PerformanceCounter library. Using some AWS nugets; Syncfusion controls and Xamarin.Forms 4.1. Only happens on iOS builds and not occuring in UWP builds. @tanriverdi did you solve this problem ?