What is causing this?? LinkAssemblies task failed.

I'm getting the below error any time I open an Android solution in Visual Studio. The dll it references is the name of my project. I've update all of my NuGet packages, cleaned and built the project... what's weirder is it started yesterday between two runs of my program on the emulator, with no changes in between.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State Error The "LinkAssemblies" task failed unexpectedly. System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load assembly 'GetMeThere, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken='. Perhaps it doesn't exist in the Mono for Android profile? File name: 'GetMeThere.dll' at Java.Interop.Tools.Cecil.DirectoryAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference reference, ReaderParameters parameters) at Java.Interop.Tools.Cecil.DirectoryAssemblyResolver.GetAssembly(String fileName) at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.LinkAssemblies.Execute(DirectoryAssemblyResolver res) at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.LinkAssemblies.Execute() at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute() at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.d__26.MoveNext() GetMeThere

Tagged:

Answers

• batmacibatmaci DEMember ✭✭✭✭✭

you have an error in your project (possibly a xaml error). check your output folder for more details