Cross Platform - Unable to Resolve Host "api.cognitive.microsofttranslator.com" on Android

alaskanroguealaskanrogue USMember ✭✭✭

I have a cross platform app that is using Cognitive Services "Text Translation". The code in use is in the PCL and executes without issue in UWP and iOS, but in Android I am receiving the following error: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (Unable to resolve host "api.cognitive.microsofttranslator.com": No address associated with hostname).

The full Uri in use is https://api.cognitive.microsofttranslator.com/translate?api-version=3.0&from=en-US&to=

During the first part of past week of working on the Android version, I successfully had the translation performed, but for the past few days I am encountering the error without fail. What is interesting is the "No address" aspect. I am assuming that it is a redirected Uri that for some reason the Android framework is not handling now. I did do numerous Nugget updates over the week across the solution.

Answers

• alaskanroguealaskanrogue USMember ✭✭✭

I am not sure what happen, but I uninstalled the app this morning after which I received two OS updates. The problem is gone. Not sure which resolved the issue, but … who cares.