Android Google Pay

AlenTomaAlenToma USMember ✭✭
edited July 10 in Xamarin.Forms

Hi, im trying to add a payment Button to my app using this guid https://devblogs.microsoft.com/xamarin/bring-android-pay-to-your-apps-with-stripe/

What i dont know is, how will i get the payment to my acount.

Which account should i use as it asks me that it have to have EMVCO Network Tokens support, which i dont understand.

Any suggesting on any account online that i can use with the guid provided above so that i receive the payment to my account.

Can i use paypall acount to receive those payment.

Or i have already an account in Google Pay, cant i use that. if so which information should i need?

Or can i simple use my card account information, and simple receive those payment to my account.

Best Answer

Answers

• parzivalmxparzivalmx Member ✭✭

If you use stripe everything should be managed on your stripe account.

• AlenTomaAlenToma USMember ✭✭
    edited July 10

When you say strip account do you mean that i should create an account here ? https://stripe.com/en-se

• batmacibatmaci DEMember ✭✭✭✭✭

what is the advantage of this comparing with In app purchases? do you get more revenue?

@batmaci What do you mean ? Im building an app and will like too add a pyament function? Do have other solution in mind?

• Amar_BaitAmar_Bait DZMember ✭✭✭✭✭

In-App Billing: Google and Apple will take 30% cut.
    Google/Apple Pay: no fees.

BUT

Both Apple and Google have rules on when you can use any payment method besides In-App Billing.
    Basically if the feature/product the user is buying will only be usable in the app itself (eg. a game level, a pro functionality, remove ads...) then you have to use In-App Billing, else you are free to use any payment method you want. Apple is (of course) more strict on this than Google. Make sure to read the policies of each store before making your app to make sure your app won't get banned.

Thx @batmaci will have a look.

@Amar_Bait WTF 30% cut, are u freaking kidding me.

My app is not a game but will sell some coins in my app so it seems to me that i will have to use in-app-billing.

Yeah coins in app = In App Billing...

Welcome to the 30% cut club :) (don't worry about it, pass the expense to the user)

It was claimed that microsoft will charge 15% on uwp store and 5% if install happens through deep link or not store search but I dont see that's happening. Anyone has any idea about it ?
    > @AlenToma said:
    > Thx @batmaci will have a look.
    >
    > @Amar_Bait WTF 30% cut, are u freaking kidding me.
    >
    > My app is not a game but will sell some coins in my app so it seems to me that i will have to use in-app-billing.

Yes you must use. Especially apple is very strict about it can ban your app and even your account if you use external payment
    edited July 11

@batmaci said:
    It was claimed that microsoft will charge 15% on uwp store and 5% if install happens through deep link or not store search but I dont see that's happening. Anyone has any idea about it ?

70% or 95% of 0 is still 0, so I don't care what Microsoft says about their store :D

Thx you all, for your help.

I gained much understanding of how it work now.