Forum Xamarin.Android

Package Appears Corrupt when installing on my phone

RonNYCRonNYC Member ✭✭✭

So, first a comment. I am spending maybe 80% of my dev time trying to make the APK work. I cannot open it in an emulator because I get ADB0100 error: failure to extract native libraries. OK, so I'll copy the apk to my phone and now I get package appears to be corrupt. I cannot debug my app.

The only even half-baked solution is to (for the 40th time) start from scratch. Start with a basically blank app, see if I can either run it in the emulator or copy the APK to the phone and then very very gradually, step by step, see when it fails. This is about 4-7 days work.

Is there anything I can look at or do to short-circuit this very painful route?

After I rebuild all, with no failures, I go to archive. When the archiving is complete I select Distribute->Ad Hoc. Then select the signing identity, click save as, and then when that's complete I copy the APK to my phone. And when I try to install I get the error.

RON

Answers

• RonNYCRonNYC Member ✭✭✭

I created a new app, new folder, everything. Default app. Compiled and deployed to the emulator (X86). That went great. Then I copied over the files in the layout and values folders. Deleted the bin and obj folders and the Resource.Designer.cs file. Restarted VS and recompiled. All OK. Yay.

Then I copied over a class file. I did not add it to the app, just copied over and now I get "The name Resource does not exist in the current context."

SO, now what? Start over? I mean, hey, Xamarin devs, what now? Why does this happen? What to do?

RON

• jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

If you try to created a new empty project, will it work properly on your device?

• RonNYCRonNYC Member ✭✭✭

yes.

• jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Could you please share a basic demo so that we can test with it?