XAML intellisense not working

hwj700hwj700 ✭✭Member ✭✭

I use VS Version 16.2.0 Preview 3 with Xamarin 16.2.0.81.
With a new Mobile App (Xamarin Forms) Xaml intellisense is not working. It did work several month ago (I don't know the exact versions).
With a Blanc App (UWP) Xaml intellisense is working correctly.
How to further diagnose and correct this problem?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• hwj700hwj700 ✭✭ ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

With the latest VS version 16.2.0 Preview 4.0 XAML intellisense is working again for mobile apps.

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Xamurai Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Can you reproduce this issue on a stable Visual Studio version 16.1.4? Are you testing on a blank xamarin app or an existed old project?

• hwj700hwj700 ✭✭ Member ✭✭

@LandLu, XAML intellisense was working on previous VS versions, so I didn't try to install an old version of VS.
    XAML intellisense is now not working, as well on existing projects as on new 'Hello World' mobile apps.
    If I create a new mobile app 'Test' for Android and UWP it results in 3 projects: Test, Test.Android and Test.UWP.
    In all the forms of the Test project Xaml intellisense does not work (C# intellisense works). In MainPage.xaml of Test.UWP intellisense does work.

• LandLuLandLu Xamurai Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

I recommend you to use 16.1.4 because it is the latest stable version now. If you are asking issues about the preview version you'd better open a support ticket here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/supportforbusiness/productselection?sapId=211dd84f-3474-c3c5-79bf-66db630c92a6

• hwj700hwj700 ✭✭ Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

With the latest VS version 16.2.0 Preview 4.0 XAML intellisense is working again for mobile apps.