Diskspace Android

KaiWKaiW DEUniversity ✭✭
edited June 29 in Xamarin.Android

Hi all,
having a closer look at my disk space, I was surprised about several large directories:

• 32GB : /Users/Me/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-macosx/system-images, containing android-15 (8 GB), android-19 (6 GB), android-23 (2 GB), android-24 (3 GB), android-27 (3 GB) and android-28 (8GB)
  • 11GB : /Users/Me/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-ndk, containing android-ndk-r10e, android-ndk-r11c, android-ndk-r13b, android-ndk-r14b, each 3 GB.
  • 21GB: /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.Android.Framework/Versions, including 9.0.0-20, 9.0.0-19, 9.0.0-18, etc. each about 1 GB.

Is this all necessary? In Tools -> Android -> SDK Manager I only have some of the Android Version selected, so why are there so many so big directories stored? Is it save to delete some of them? Should I delete via Finder or is there somewhere an option in Visual Studio?

Many thanks!

Answers

• jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

For android-sdk-macosx/system-images, you can keep the version you use most often(Minimum android version and Target Android Version),and delete the others.
    And if you don't use ndk, you can just remove it. For example: