NSPressureGestureRecognizer on BoxView Renderer (Cocoa)

JohnErnestJohnErnest USMember ✭✭

I have this nice little control I'm making it's a user control in XAML composed of a few custom rendered controls (a custom shape control and a custom label control both with custom renderers) contained within a custom rendered BoxView that I call a DecoratedBoxView.

What I want is to make it so that whenever the user clicks the blue background under say "Banana" up there it triggers a press gesture. Is that possible with a subclassed BoxView? I can add a gesture recognizer to it, but it doesn't seem to get called with BoxRenderer as it does with a subclass of ImageRenderer. It would be nice though to make the whole container clickable like a button without a native-specific button interface. If not, could I maybe add a transparent subview to it and make that clickable?

Tagged:

• JohnErnestJohnErnest USMember ✭✭
    After a while of searching I saw that BoxRenderer uses NSView while ImageRenderer uses NSImageView. The NSView doesn’t seem to respond to mousedown events only mouseup. Any way to fix that behavior?
  • ChrisHamonsChrisHamons USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

You may have to subclass NSView and provide all of the behavior yourself. Cocoa is rather unflexable and requires subclassing in many cases.