File browser on iOS

gvuksagvuksa RSMember ✭✭
edited June 27 in Xamarin.Forms

Hi all,

I am building app in xamarin forms and I need to implement option for user to browse sd card / file system and pick a folder.

This was not an issue on android, but I can't figure out any way to implement this for iOS. All I could achieve is for user to browse and select specific file, but without an option to select an entire folder.

Does any one knows how to achieve this?

Best Answers

Answers

• LucasZhangLucasZhang Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

iPhone doesn't support SD card .So I'm afraid you could not implement . About file system ,you can check https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/ios/app-fundamentals/file-system

• gvuksagvuksa RSMember ✭✭

@LucasZhang that was an error in question, I mentioned sd card because it is used on android as well. The link you provided does not help, since these is nothing there about browsing file system.

• Amar_BaitAmar_Bait DZMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28

There is no accessible file system in iOS, Apple won't expose it (apps are sandboxed), even for their iPad Pro (I think now they will permit it in the future for iPads since they're switching from iOS to iPadOS)

@Amar_Bait Thanks for reply. I hoped that library playlists could be browsed. Essentially I need to enable user to pick an mp3 playlist and play music. Any idea on how this could be done / if it can be done?

Accepted Answer

I had used MPMediaPickerController to select enable user to select music files from library.