Forum Xamarin.Android

Visual Studio 2019 - ADB0010: unexpected install output INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_MANIFEST_MALFORMED

Hello,
I tried to publish an app on Google Play recently and I received a warning talking about "Android App Bundle", so I started to search about this feature in Visual Studio and found that in this VS2019 Preview this feature is working fine. I installed the VS2019 Preview (16.2.0 Preview 3.0), opened my project but when I try to build it I received this Error message:

ADB0010: Unexpected install output: pkg: /data/local/tmp/xxxx-Signed.apk
Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_MANIFEST_MALFORMED]

em Mono.AndroidTools.Internal.AdbOutputParsing.CheckInstallSuccess(String output, String packageName) na E:\A_work\30\s\External\androidtools\Mono.AndroidTools\Internal\AdbOutputParsing.cs:linha 345
em Mono.AndroidTools.AndroidDevice.<>c__DisplayClass95_0.b__0(Task1 t) na E:\A\_work\30\s\External\androidtools\Mono.AndroidTools\AndroidDevice.cs:linha 753 em System.Threading.Tasks.ContinuationTaskFromResultTask1.InnerInvoke()
em System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

Before a installed VS2019, I was using the VS2017 and I had no problem.

Minimum Android version: 5.1(API 22)
Target Android Version: 9.0 (API 28)

Does anyone have a solution for this issue?

Best Answer

Answers

• ricardoarraesricardoarraes USMember ✭✭

Thanks for the answer! I found the problem last night right after my post and that's exactly what you are saying.

I corrected the name of my app's packages and the app's name (properties -> Android Options -> Name of application), so it worked!